Dogs For Adoption
The dogs listed below are our dogs in rescue. Click on the photo to learn more about about each dog. Click here to access the adoption form.
1. An application must be submitted with the specific name of the dog you wish to adopt.
2. We will no longer accept "general" Applications asking us to match you to a dog or hold the application until a suitable match can be made.
3. We do not maintain any waitlists for dogs.
4. When a dog comes into rescue it will be medically assessed as well as assessed for temperament and home needs. It will be given opportunity to decompress and build social skills as needed. There is a minimum hold of two weeks from point of arrival for assessment.
5. Dogs will not be released for adoption until they meet medical clearance.
6. We will post when we are seeking applications and can no longer accept applications prior to this time.
7. We will post about the dog on our website and note what their needs are. This takes time and will require updates. We want to ensure we know the dog well and can make a good match for the dog. This also saves you disappointment applying for a dog whose needs you may not be best matched with.
8. When we deem a dog ready for adoption we will accept applications for adoption. First opportunity is given to a foster parent to adopt the dog. However, once other applications are received, the foster parent will not "bump" the line up. They are given opportunity before we accept applications. Once we open applications, they get the same priority as any other applicant.
9. Applications are considered on first come first served basis until we find a best match for a dog. If there are two equally well suited applicants, then the first to apply is the first to have opportunity to adopt.
10. Our adoption process includes the following steps:
- Post a dog ready for adoption
- accept and review applications as they are received
- respond to queries as we are able
- complete reference checks on potentially suitable applicant(s)
- conduct a home visit, meet and greet with the dog and any other household members (human, canine, feline etc)
- make an offer to adopt
- based on agreement of all parties, complete adoption agreement, accept adoption fee and make transfer of the dog to their forever home
CUPCAKES ADOPTION PROCESS DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC:
The above adoption process is our "standard" operations process. However the global pandemic has required us to shift our process in order to ensure we are prioritizing following all provincial health orders, ensuring the safety of our volunteers and ensuring the safety of our prospective adopters.
To that end, we will ask applicants who are being considered for approval to submit a video introducing their family members. We will also ask for photos of the home interior, exterior and yard as applicable. This is for the purpose of ensuring the home is one that physically meets the health and safety needs of the dog.
The meet and greet and in person contact will be done in an outdoor setting with social distancing and a mask requirement for all persons involved in the meet and greet/visit.
Our priority is to ensure we are fully confident that the dog and the adopter are a good fit. When we are not confident of this because of our current pandemic related limitations, we will decline to proceed with the adoption.
2020 and 2021 have seen an unprecedented interest in adoption of dogs. We have never seen as many applications for any single dog as we have in previous years of experience! We want to thank you all for your patience and understanding as we do our best to continue to assist dogs in need and help them find their best forever home. As a small rescue we are limited now not only by our financial and human resources but also by covid restrictions. We are incredibly gratified by your understanding, patience and continued support of our rescue.
How to adopt a Cupcake
To apply to adopt a dog complete an application. We have two formats for our adoption applications: Word and PDF. Click on your preferred format to download the form, save it to your computer, complete it on your computer and then save it and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep an eye out on our current events for adoption fairs and other events where you may have opportunity to meet these wonderful dogs.
If you have any questions email us at the above email address, facebook or complete the contact form.
Please note that we are most gratified for the interest in our dogs that comes from both near and far away. However, we are unable at this time to facilitate out of province adoptions and are restricting adoptions to within approximately 45 minute drive time from the Perimeter to your home outside of Winnipeg. All distance applications are subject to availability of adoptions team volunteer to complete home visit and meet and greets. Exceptions are considered on an individual basis.